Sunday, April 23, 2017 – Easter
9:15 a.m. Sunday School
Adult Choir Rehearsal
10:15 a.m. Worship
Serving Our Church This Sunday:
Liturgist: Tom Okonek
Greeter: Evan Ramstad
Garrison Keillor once use the Gospel Reading for this morning as one of the stories on Prairie Home Companion. He commented, as I usually do, that the other disciple with Cleopas is probably Mrs. Cleopas. Luke is nervous about naming her. The two disciples are mourning and are angry. They mourn the loss of the friend and teacher. They are angry at Jesus because their hopes have been dashed. They are angry at those who killed him.
• Have you found yourself both grieving and angry when someone close to you dies?
• Can you imagine that some people might have both those feelings?
• What did you do to find healing?
• Are you still looking for that healing?
• How believable is this story of the way these disciples found healing?
• What kept their eyes from seeing? Or is it who kept their eyes from seeing?
Almighty God, who in Your great mercy made glad the disciples with the sight of the risen Lord: give us such knowledge of His presence with us, that we may be strengthened and sustained by His risen life and serve You continually in righteousness and truth: through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.